What is an Google Play Store APK file? If you ever tried to install an app there is not offered by main app suites, then you probably already know what an APK is. But for those who have never done anything like that before, we will try to explain in a way that is very easy to understand and to perform this process all by yourself. We will also provide links to websites that are trustworthy, so the user will be able to download Play Store APK the necessary files to make everything work properly.
Table of Contents
What is an APK file?
An APK ( or APK file) is a compressed file of instructions used by Android devices to install apps on your smartphone/tablet. They are used when some specific app is not offered by most known app suites, such as the Google Play Store, Aptoide and Mobogenie.
Why would the user install an application through an APK file?
The main reasons on that are :
1 – A HUGE amount of apps are, firstly, provided as APK files on the internet in order to be download and tested by users before their releasing on app suites. This is a good reason because the user will be able to enjoy every new feature of some specific apps before everyone else, along of having bugs and little problems solved (only if the new release include this corrections).
2 – While using APK files, the user will avoid the update time of some apps. A great amount of apps are already updated, but they have a schedule where that same app will only be updated in one specific place at one specific time. When the user updates his apps through APKs, he will be able to have the latest version without the need of waiting for its release. This is particularly useful, for instance, with Android updates itself. The release dates differ in months depending where you are on the globe. However, when a new version is released, you can get its files and install them manually on your device. The same happens with the Google Play Store.
Aside from that, we have users who would like to tinker with their devices, but don’t know where to start. Installing apps through APKs is a good way of starting on this kind of activity.
How do I download Google’s Play Store APK?
You can find Play Store APK files all over the internet. However, it is never secure to your device(s) downloading anything from suspect websites. Most known sites such as APK Mirror (click on it to open the website) are advisable.
You can download the Play Store APK files either from your smartphone or from your PC.
Some important points to keep in mind:
- You need the APK file on your smartphone, otherwise, it will be impossible to install the desired applications;
- You also have to be aware that, to install APKs, third-party apps should be allowed to be installed on your device. To do that, go to your device menu, go to Settings and then, go to Security. Look for the option entitled as Unknown Sources. If it is unchecked, check it.
Tutorial Play Store APK download
- Now that you are prepared, you can download the latest version of Google Play Store APK on this link (this is the 8.7.09 version. You need a device with Android 4.0 or higher installed). Save the file on an easy location, so you can access it quicker. Most smartphones nowadays save all of downloaded files in a folder named – what else ? – DOWNLOADS.
- Go to the folder previously mentioned, find the Play Store APK you have just downloaded and tap on it to begin its installation. On the first screen, the installation software will notify you of all the permissions needed by the application to work properly.
- If you agree with the permissions showed, click on “Install” and wait a few seconds as the installation begins.
DONE! You have Google’s Play Store APK installed on your device. Go find new apps and enjoy them.
Stay with us at playstoredownloading, as we will provide tutorials, news and more about one of the most popular application suites EVER! 🙂